Dienstag, 22. Mai 2012

experience with apache on opensuse 11.4

Today I had a apache webserver, which did not serve the page it was supposed to. It gave an "access denied" error. It turns out that the        
Options +FollowSymLinks
was in the <Location> block instead of the <Directory> block. Well. The funy thing was, that in order to let the configuration change take effect, a restart of apache was required. That is, I moved the Options thingy to the Directory block. But for checking I moved it back, and for that to take effect, a reload was enough. So for one change a restart is required, but for reversing the effect, a reload is enough. Strange, isn't it? (it took me hours to discover this, since I though a reload would be enough for both changes ...)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen